Friday, October 31, 2014

No candies... :(

The ghosts of halloween have not been kind to me this year. They brought no English candies that I requested from them. Yes. It's over. My stint with application submission to European schools is over. May be I shouldn't have made this half hearted attempt for LBS, but I guess I am not in habit of learning without failure.

Lesson learnt - do not attempt to overwhelm yourself with burden of applications to schools where you don't see yourself as flourishing. That applies to the scenario where you might have definite professional reasons to attend a school, but still the school culture is not up to your taste. (I had pretty strong reasons to attend LBS, but could never find their culture as tasteful as Tuck, Duke or Kellogg.)

Regardless of whatever the lesson is learnt, it stings to be rejected (all the more reason to not apply to schools you don't feel the connect with).

My best wishes to all the candidates who made in to the interview shortlist. I hope you have a great interviewing experience. No matter what one says, LBS IS a great school.

No comments:

Post a Comment